The difference between traditional fiber wound swabs:
Electron Microscope photograph of traditional fiber winded swab. Electron Microscope photograph of the nylon flocked swab.
With traditional fiber wound swabs a large percentage of the sample
collected remains entrapped in the fiber matrix of the tip.
It has been shown that the flocked swab release up to 95% of the sample
collected compared to 25% in a standard fiber tipped swab -especially
important if the sample size is particularly small.
⇒ Ergonomic and anatomic design
⇒ Superior sample elution
⇒ Rapid absorption
⇒ Increased assay sensitively
⇒ Simply collect, snap and ship
⇒ Quantitative volume transfer
⇒ Perpendicular nylon fibers
⇒ Certified free of inhibitors and interference
⇒ Highly suited to automation
|Part Number||Flocked Tip (mm)||Handle Dimension (mm)||Packaging|
|Width||Thickness||Length||Diameter 1||Diameter 2||Molded Breakpoint Length from Tip||Overall Length|
|CY-96000||3||3||16||2.5||Taper to 1.1||82.5||150||100 Swabs/Box50 Boxes/Case|
1. Utilizes unique “spray-on technology” and “electrostatic charge”.
2. Innovation nylon fibers technology.
3. The perpendicular nylon fibers act as a soft brush.
4. Capillary action between the nylon fiber strands facilitates strong hydraulic
uptake of liquid samples.
5. To limit interference and improve consistency the swab is manufactured from completely
1. Collecting a large amount of the cells
2. Rapid elution and release of the specimen
3. Unique molded breakpoint design in swab handle
4. Free of any PCR inhibitors and interference
It is used for forensic, laboratory, a diagnostic company, the genetic testing company, drug company, etc.